Anniversary Treat

Posted by Analyse at 6:48 PM

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

One thing that clicks between us, that keeps us together after all this years is that we really enjoy each others company. No dull moments, ika nga. Aside from serious stuffs to kulitans, we also love doing outdoor activities together.

For our anniversary activity last weekend, we decided to give way to each others caprice.

After cancelling his yearly week-long kayak with his friends just to accompany me on my lantang gulay period of pregnancy, he's been targetting to do a weekend descente in a river nearby, always keeping a close watch on the water level on the web. So Sunday morning, with the kayak and picnic gears, off we went to Morvan (le Chalaux). As usual, the river was crowded with kayakers, canoe-kayakers, rafters and hydrospeeders so I was assured with his security. He won't be alone navigating. A born worrier, if only kayak is not his first love, I would say NON to this dangerous sport, but he always tells me that le Chalaux is for beginners and retirees hehe (humbly enough, the 2005 Canoë-Kayak European championship will be held there, check here). Now I'm wondering in which classification he belongs??

My role in all these? The official driver and official photographer - dropping him off to the starting point, bringing the car to the arrival point, escalading the pathways up to the fall/passage (oppps, on-leave muna while preggy) and gearing myself for the best shot of my life (?).

Ok ok, I'm not at all a good photographer, proof is...
It's either I got him on the picture...
without his kayak... (see, it's floating!)
or the whole scenario...but no objective at all..
or him...but unrecognizable...
or this, on the passage for kindergartens as he considers it!

The only time I had him 'live' was here.

After the kayak session, we devoured our 'energy-filled' lunch in preparation for our second activity, my choice: hiking!

I'm not a high-endurance hiker, my backpack shouldn't exceed 10 kg in case of itinerary hike, elevation gain shouldn't exceed 1000m, and distance should be limited to less than 20km. That's my best record so far. More than that, I'll surely be dead.

This weekend, we did a 12km hike. Not bad for a 4-month Buntis. We started with a yellow trail (easy level) and ended the hike with a red and white trail (difficult level).

Occasion for us to be closer to nature and closer to each other...


shhh, je t'aime...

Inlaws at Dijon

Mes beaux-parents (my parents-inlaw) will be in Dijon tomorrow and that's for a week. Whoa! They'll be here to help frenchguy fix some house errands (painting, varnishing, repares), yep, they don't pay here, they do it themselves. Expect cleaner house, better garden and palatable dishes prepared by maman! I call it parent slavery!

5 comments:

admin said...

hey, your pics aren't bad at all! i always love action shots.

Analyse said...

oh great that you like it. i'm a hopeless photographer, even if i set my camera on fast speed mode, his kayak is faster than my cam. i even have pix without him on the picture (just cant find it, darn!) to think that it was a 12m fall, i normally had time to focus hehe...

Singa Mama said...

lovely background naman eh! hehehe... and uuuuy, the tummy is showing na ba? exciting! :)

tintin said...

Oooh, they're coming? You're getting a double-dose of what I went through but I'm sure it will be a wonderful and productive time for all!

Analyse said...

Ruth, can't hide it anymore!

TinTin, already here (arrived yesterday)! Surely productive, they work non-stop at home hehe. My MIL cooks excellently, yum! And she's teaching me how to knit now :)

Sha, uy, hearing that from you makes me kinda proud...pero wala pa ring panama sa mga pix mo. ;). Thanks, my doc adviced me not to stay long under the sun, thus the hat :(